POWER BI DEVELOPER
Jobba Trade Technologies’ client management software makes the lives of roofers easier and their companies more successful. Our software is used to prospect new customers, manage bids/quotes, schedule service teams, and project manage construction jobs. It can even take payments.
With a base of established clients, we have recently released a completely new second product platform.
We seek a Power BI developer to implement and manage our Power BI development and administration. Jobba uses Power BI to translate data into meaningful and actionable reports and dashboards for both internal (20%) and customer (80%) audiences with a particular focus on sales and services. Our team collaborates will together. This role is ONSITE in Chicago (near O’Hare) with the ability to move towards a hybrid schedule after onboarding.
About the role:
- Design, develop, update and optimize Power BI dashboards, reports and scorecards to meet business requirements and create clear data visualizations.
- Design, publish and maintain Power BI data models with many interrelated tables connected.
- Document business requirements and solutions while providing support for creation of end user documentation.
- Work with internal customers to formulate the requirements for their analytical problems and provide them with implementation support.
- Fluidly integrate existing sources, primarily Jobba’s new product platform, with Power BI.
- Efficiently handle large sets of data and be able to confidently process them into required formats.
- Set up automated data refresh of dashboards to show the updated values from source data.
- Able to implement row level security on data and have an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Actively participate in our culture of continuous development and innovation by contributing ideas for new features and functionality for Jobba’s new product platform.
- The ideal candidate will also either have some full stack development or be interested in learning some full stack development in PHP.
Experiences and Skills that we value*:
- 2+ years designing and developing dashboards in Power BI
- Strong SQL ability (complex queries on relational databases, stored procedures, automation)
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements which result in clear data visualizations. Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Ability to work independently on your assigned work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are often tight.
**Note: We know that excellent candidates can have all sorts of backgrounds and experiences, so please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the listed requirements!
Nice to have and/or you’ll learn:
- Experience using multiple BI tools (for example – Tableau, Microstrategy, SAS Business Intelligence, Datapine, Zoho Analytics, Yellowfin BI, Sisense, QlikSense, Datapine, Domo, Oracle Business Intelligence, SAP Business Objects)
- PHP development
About Jobba Trade Technologies:
Jobba Trade Technologies is a cloud-based SaaS that helps roofing companies integrate communication between the field team and back office team members to provide effective job management with an engaging customer experience. These client management solutions create important outcomes – increased profits and better client retention and referrals.
Each person knows how they work best. Jobba Trade Technologies is built on cross team collaboration built through in-person interactions. Our Rosemont location has easy access to the Blue line and freeways. In addition to having ample office space to protect the safety of our employees, we offer an onsite gym, free parking, cafes and knowledgeable team members you can learn from. While we are primarily onsite, especially during initial onboarding, we all have priorities outside of work and are flexible to support our employees as needed.
At Jobba, we focus on continuous improvement – of our product, of our company, and of our employees. We don’t expect our employees to be perfect. We know you’ll be excited to regularly be learning and growing all while positively impacting our clients and our business.
Jobba Trade Technologies offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and 401K.
Jobba Trade Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and employing a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected characteristics.
Just steps away from the CTA’s Blue line stop, our spacious Chicagoland office is located in Presidents Plaza and provides employees with the most comfortable environment.
Jobba is headquartered in the luxurious Presidents Plaza on Bryn Mawr Ave next to the Blue line and I-90. With its beautiful architecture and upscale amenities, this building is the perfect place for employees to connect and recharge while experiencing a sense of tranquility.
Take a break from the workday with our building’s awesome amenities. From a full-service gym to delicious sit-down dining to a happy hour lounge with cocktails and pool tables, Presidents Plaza provides Jobba team members with plenty of ways to relax, de-stress and clear your mind.
Jobba’s newly renovated office has everything our employees’ need to feel comfortable and have a successful workday, including a fully stocked kitchen, large dining area, relaxing game area, sizable workstations (and extra room for social distancing), and numerous meeting rooms.
Working with Jobba isn’t just a way to advance your career—it’s a chance to help shape the future of roofing technology.
When you choose Jobba, you are choosing to be immersed in a knowledgeable community of Product manager Saas and other experts that work together to develop cutting-edge software to help solve the challenges that roofing contractors face on a daily basis. You will be a part of a culture that thrives on possibilities, explores new ideas and welcomes out-of-the-box solutions that will positively impact our current and future clients.
Joining the Jobba team is your first step of starting a successful journey of personal and professional growth.
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD
Unwind after a long day by getting to have some fun with your teammates. Whether it’s grabbing a happy hour drink or watching the big game, making connects with coworkers outside the office helps foster relationships and makes coming to work more fun!
Everyone has a passion and we are excited to celebrate yours! We love when our team members are willing to share their interests with us. It doesn’t matter if it is karaoke, a softball game or a movie night, suggest an activity to us, and we’ll make it a group activity!
Giving back to charitable organizations is very important to Jobba. We believe that when we take the time to focus on a cause (i.e. Toys for Tots, Habitat for Humanity) we care about, it benefits others and helps create a sense of community within our team.