Trade shows and expos are invaluable networking opportunities, learning about industry trends, and discovering new products and services. The largest roofing tradeshow, The International Roofing Expo (IRE), where professionals gather to exchange ideas and explore the latest innovations in the roofing industry. Whether you’re a seasoned attendee or a first-timer, here are some tips to help you make the most of your trade show experience at the upcoming 2024 International Roofing Expo and beyond.
- Familiarize yourself with the event schedule and create a personalized itinerary.
- You can find the 2024 IRE digital show guide HERE.
- Identify key exhibitors and plan your visit to their booths. Look at their social media accounts to see if they are hosting live demos at certain times.
- Visit Jobba Trade Technologies’ Booth #4332! Check our social media accounts and emails for live demo times, and stop by for some free swag!
- Check for educational sessions, workshops, and networking events. You can find them on the IRE digital show guide linked above.
Utilize Online Resources:
- Explore the official event website for floor plans, exhibitor lists, and event details.
- Download the event app if available, which can provide real-time updates and a digital map.
- Clearly define your objectives for attending the trade show.
- Are you looking to expand your professional network, gain industry knowledge, or discover new business opportunities?
- Establish connections with specific industry professionals.
- Consider setting up appointments or scheduling meet-ups to ensure meaningful conversations.
- Identify products or technologies you want to explore.
Bring Essential Materials:
- Carry more business cards than you think you’ll need.
- You would rather have leftovers than run out!
- Bring a notepad and pen for jotting down important information.
- You can always take notes on your smartphone too, if you prefer a digital copy.
- Consider a lightweight tote bag for collecting brochures and promotional materials.
Engage in Networking:
- Attend networking events and social gatherings.
- IRE is full of network events and social gatherings! Learn more about IRE’s events HERE.
- Join online communities related to the event to connect with fellow attendees beforehand.
- Don’t hesitate to strike up conversations with exhibitors and other attendees.
- That is why they are at the show too, especially exhibitors! They want to talk to you, learn about your problems, and potentially provide a solution.
Attend Educational Sessions:
- Participate in workshops and seminars to gain industry insights.
- Take advantage of opportunities for professional development.
- IRE is having two keynote speakers! Zack Kass, Former Head of Go-to-Market at OpenAI, and Liza Hausman, Vice President of Industry Marketing at Houzz. Learn more about their sessions HERE.
- Prepare questions for speakers to maximize your learning experience.
Explore The Exhibit Hall:
- Prioritize visits to key exhibitors but also explore new and emerging companies.
- Take notes on products or services that catch your interest.
- Many exhibitors will be able to scan your badge and send follow-up emails with more information!
- Ask exhibitors about exclusive trade show promotions.
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking the exhibit hall.
- Stay hydrated and take breaks to rest and recharge.
- Bring snacks to keep your energy levels up throughout the day.
- Jobba Trade Technologies’ favorite way to keep energy levels up throughout the day is caffeine!
Follow Up After the Event:
- Connect with new contacts on professional social media platforms.
- You should also follow exhibitors and brands that interest you on social media!
- Review and organize the materials you collected.
- Follow up with exhibitors or potential partners to continue conversations.
- Share your thoughts and suggestions with event organizers.
- Participate in post-event surveys to contribute to the improvement of future trade shows.
- Was there something you loved? Hated? Trade shows rely on attendees to communicate their opinions so it can be even better than the prior year.
Attending trade shows like The International Roofing Expo can be a transformative experience for professionals in the roofing industry. By planning ahead, leveraging online resources, setting goals, and actively engaging in networking, you can ensure a successful and enriching trade show experience. So, gear up, make the most of the opportunities, and stay at the forefront of the roofing industry’s advancements. We will see you in Las Vegas!
Are you not going to IRE and are interested in seeing if Jobba is the right software for your business process? Check out our 5 Minute Demo Video