Roofing professionals have a lot to juggle these days. Between lead management, bids, invoices, and inspections, managing office work alone can be a full-time endeavor — not to mention the roofing jobs themselves.
A Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software helps you automate and streamline organization and communication in your business. CRMs are useful in sales, marketing, management, and accounting — practically any department that requires an organizational tool. That leaves contractors free to focus on what they do best and deliver exceptional customer service.
With so many roofing CRMs on the market, selecting the right one can be a challenge. Keep reading to learn more about this crucial project management tool and discover how to find the best roofing CRM software for your company.
What’s A CRM?
Owners, contractors and office staff alike can make use of a roofing CRM to improve project management. CRM software has a range of functions to help your team manage customer data, leads and prospects, sales analytics, workflow automation, and more. It helps minimize time-consuming manual tasks and bolsters communication with clients and colleagues.
When you can work more efficiently, your company can deliver bids and estimates faster, win more roofing jobs and spend more time on high-value tasks. The ultimate benefits? Faster growth and higher profits.
Why Your Roofing Business Needs One
A CRM helps you grow your roofing business while maintaining exceptional organization and minimizing data entry and menial tasks. Not only does it help every department of your roofing company, but it also provides each department with a wealth of actionable business data. You can measure metrics including sales performance, project completion times, and lead conversion to continually improve how you and your team do business.
Using roofing software instead of a general CRM or project management software is better because a roofing CRM tool is customized to your company’s specific needs and goals.
Key Features Of A Roofing Software
Roofing software can help you make improvements across every element of your business. Some key features include:
- Workflow automation: This helps your teams work more productively. You set rules to trigger an action when an activity or event takes place. For example, when a prospect completes a submission form on your website, a CRM can generate an email to the sales team.
- Contact management: Address books and spreadsheets are prone to human error and take time to fill out. A roofing CRM makes managing customer contact details seamless and means less time entering data manually.
- Customization: Choosing software that’s customized to the roofing industry maximizes your ROI. However, you should also look for a roofing tool that lets you drill down further and use plug-ins and add-ons, create custom reports, and connect to third-party software.
- Third-party integrations: While a CRM can replace a lot of your existing software, you might be happy with certain aspects. In such a case, your CRM should be able to integrate with other roofer’s tools, such as finance, email, and POS software.
- Customer service: Every business leader knows that customer service is critical for success. Roofing software supports your customer service team by giving them the information they need to communicate with customers at their fingertips.
Additional CRM Functionalities
When making a final decision about which roofing tool to use, there are some advanced features to look for, such as:
- Opportunity management: Opportunity management helps you prioritize, track and get the most out of your opportunities so you connect with the right customers while receiving more business.
- Lead management: Identifying and tracking roofing leads as they progress through your sales process helps you prioritize them and focus on those that are most likely to convert.
- Mobile CRM: With a mobile CRM, you’re not chained to a desk. Whether you’re managing your business from the office to the field, you’ll have CRM access whenever and wherever you need it.
- Sales analytics: Tracking the performance of your sales teams is crucial for assigning territories, customer segments, and forecasting. In-depth analytics give you insights that can help you refine your sales pipeline and manage your team more effectively.
- Multilingual roofing CRM: Being able to communicate effectively in multiple languages is crucial in our diverse and inclusive society. The best roofing software has multi-language capabilities to support companies no matter what their first language is.
You might not need to use every advanced feature right now, but having the capability to meet your present and future business needs is a smart idea.
Where should roofers start their CRM search?
If you type ‘CRM’ into Google, almost a billion results pop up. With so many options, selecting the perfect roofing tool for your business can be a challenge. Fortunately, you can simplify your search with these three steps:
1. Understand Your Roofing CRM Requirements
The first step to selecting the right roofing CRM is reviewing your business. Instead of keeping the conversation between managers, speak to the entire team about which processes and tasks need fine-tuning.
Some questions to ask include:
- How many clients do you have?
- How many employees work for you?
- Where are your weak points?
- How can you leverage a CRM to turn weaknesses into strengths?
- What’s your budget?
2. Explore Available Roofing CRMS
When researching CRMs, be sure to call roofing software providers rather than only reading articles online. That way, you can ask key questions. Also check online reviews and demos to pick the one that’s best suited to your company.
3. Compare CRMs And What They Have To Offer
Use the information from your company review and roofing CRM research to find the best tool to fit your company’s needs. Remember to consider growth and the potential of a CRM’s capabilities as well.
When you’re ready to implement a CRM, think carefully about the onboarding process. There will be a learning curve, so plan ahead for potential speed bumps and make plans to minimize growing pains. Having an implementation strategy is a good idea to help you plan for success.
Why You Need the Right CRM For Your Business
CRMs, such as Jobba’s expertly designed software, help you increase productivity and profitability, and facilitate better communication across your organization. By using the three steps above, you can simplify the tricky process of choosing a CRM for your roofing company and find the perfect fit.
Interested in seeing if Jobba is the right CRM for your business? Check out our 5 Minute Demo Video!