Creating estimates for commercial roof maintenance or a reroof can be complicated. It is important to follow best practices to ensure you provide the best and most accurate estimates to your customers. Here are six best practices to keep in mind for commercial roofing estimating:
- Site inspections: Conducting thorough site inspections before providing an estimate is critical for accurate cost estimation. This could be composed of measuring the roof area, identifying any potential issues or hazards, and assessing the condition of the existing roofing system.
- Material and labor costs: Deliver accurate pricing for materials and labor in your estimates. Get quotes from multiple suppliers to ensure you are getting the best prices. Using roofing software, like Jobba, can help automate calculations for materials and labor costs, which can help speed up the estimating process and reduce errors.
- Allow for contingencies: It is important to include contingencies in your estimates to account for unexpected issues that may arise during the project. These could be weather-related delays, equipment breakdowns, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Understand the client’s needs: Take the time to understand the client’s specific needs and requirements, like budget constraints, desired timeline, and any special requests. It will help ensure your estimate is tailored to meet their specific needs. A roofing CRM software can aid in this because it allows you to store all your customer and project data in one central location, making it easy to access and manage all your estimates and customer information in one place.
- Keep accurate records: Keep accurate records of all estimates, including the scope of work, materials used, labor costs, and any contingencies. This will allow you to refer back to past estimates and improve future estimates. Jobba can provide detailed reports and analytics on past estimates, which can help identify patterns and trends and improve future estimates.
- Continuously improve: Improve your estimating process by reviewing and evaluating past estimates and comparing them to actual costs. This will help identify areas for improvement and ensure your estimates are as accurate as possible.
Along with following best practices, roofing software can help commercial roofers streamline and improve their estimating process in several ways. Many roofing CRM software like Jobba offer built-in templates and estimating tools, which can help streamline the estimating process and ensure that all estimates are accurate and consistent. It can also help improve collaboration among team members, allowing multiple users to access and update estimates in real-time, which can help ensure all are accurate and up-to-date.
Check out our Read, Listen, Watch: Estimating Software and the Roofing Industry with John Kenney to learn how your business can benefit from incorporating software in your estimation process.
Interested in seeing if Jobba is the right software for you? Check out our 5 Minute Demo Video!